[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Webpage: CVS and Wiki

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Fri Feb 17 04:13:08 CET 2006

Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:28:37 +0100
> Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:
>
>> was there ever any discussion about using a wiki for phpMyAdmin homepage?
>
> AFAIK not.
>
>> I think this will make it more easy to contribute documentation, faq,
>> hints and help, especially in foreign languages.
>>
>> On the other hand we are somehow limited in design, but i think (up to
>> date) information is more important than design!
>>
>> At least the documentation.
>
> I think providing wiki is good idea, but only as additional source of
> information with "official" pages.
>
> And be prepared for lot of spam ...

i know ... but i think we can handle ... with RSS and ROLLBACK it
shouldn't be so hard ... ;-)

btw. how is the online translation tool? any news about this? ... i
would suggest that translators need also to be informed if the original
(english) string has changed - or the 'english' author has to check if
this change is important to translators or not

>> And is it possible to check the current webpage into the cvs? ... and
>> update it from there on a automatically basis?
>
> I also wanted to do this... Take care of storing passwords in cvs,
> however I don't think there are any.

i have no known access to the webpage source ...

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de
www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet