[Phpmyadmin-devel] Webpage: CVS and Wiki

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Feb 17 04:32:05 CET 2006

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> was there ever any discussion about using a wiki for phpMyAdmin homepage?
>
> I think this will make it more easy to contribute documentation, faq,
> hints and help, especially in foreign languages.

I think we should keep control over what is contributed and the way it
is published. For example, I contribute the French translation of
xampp.org, sending files to the xampp team. I don't have access to their
page.

> On the other hand we are somehow limited in design, but i think (up to
> date) information is more important than design!

Yes, and also, due to the team being limited in time, releasing a good
2.8.0 version is more urgent.

> At least the documentation.
>

> And is it possible to check the current webpage into the cvs? ... and
> update it from there on a automatically basis?

I sometimes get requests about which engine we are using for our
webpage, so some people envy us. I don't think that we can consider it
to be open source. At least Michael Keck should speak his views about this.

Marc