[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: [Phpmyadmin-cvs] CVS: phpMyAdmin/libraries/dbi

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Sun Feb 19 23:19:02 CET 2006

Marc Delisle wrote:

>>> So you are saying that having a 4.1.12 client lib is too old for
>>> connecting to a MySQL 4.1.13 server? Well I don't get your point, and
>>> besides, we are going to have a lot of complaints about this.
>>
>> of course we/i should address this
>> but its a bug in the client lib, independent from server version
>> the client lib does not export BINARY_FLAG to MYSQLI_BINARY_FLAG
>
> This flag is not even listed on
> http://ca3.php.net/mysqli
>
> Anyway I suggest to do this:
>
> if (!defined('MYSQLI_BINARY_FLAG')) {
>    define('MYSQLI_BINARY_FLAG', 128);
> }

yes, i thought about the same ;-)

btw. possible we should/could add a message on main.php if mysql client
lib and MySQL server version differs (knowing that this is not the
source of this problem as even with server version same as client lib
version the error would occur if the client is below <5.0 or something)

"Your mysql client lib version (x.xx.xx) differs from your server
version (x.xx.xx), MySQL AB advises to use same versions, as there are
several errors that can happen."

or something similar ...

read on:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/

As the the above link holds only connectors for Windows the statements
are true for all os.

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de