[Phpmyadmin-devel] Not supported CSS-Commands

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Mon Feb 20 06:10:02 CET 2006

Hi Devels,

I'm prepearing some themes for the PMA version 2.7 / 2.8.
Some styles and classes are moved and some things are replaced with
css-commands
wich aren't not supported by all browsers.

Example:
Internet-Explorer (the most used browser by non profis) can't handle
the css-command content.
Better:
use in php-files '<span class="spacer"> </span>' or what ever, instead
of using '<span class="tab">SQl</span>'
and then to put in css:
tab {
    content: ']';
}
IE can't this (perhabs other some browsers too)

I think, we should take a note on some css-commands wich aren't supported
by most used browsers.

I've seen that Sebastian have done a lot last weeks, perhabs it may help me,
if he may be able to contribute a list of current used css-styles, css-ids
and css-classes. So I can remove all old things.
(Many thanks ;)

Perhabs it may be good too, if some css could be set via javascript
(especially if
any browser doesn't support one needed css-command).

Michael Keck
mkkeck