[Phpmyadmin-devel] Not supported CSS-Commands

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Mon Feb 20 06:39:04 CET 2006

Michael Keck wrote:
> Hi Devels,
>
> I'm prepearing some themes for the PMA version 2.7 / 2.8.
> Some styles and classes are moved and some things are replaced with
> css-commands
> wich aren't not supported by all browsers.
>
> Example:
> Internet-Explorer (the most used browser by non profis) can't handle
> the css-command content.
> Better:
> use in php-files '<span class="spacer"> </span>' or what ever, instead
> of using '<span class="tab">SQl</span>'
> and then to put in css:
> tab {
>    content: ']';
> }
> IE can't this (perhabs other some browsers too)
>
> I think, we should take a note on some css-commands wich aren't supported
> by most used browsers.

i tried to be carefully with such things, so i used them only where
missing this feature will not harm.

> I've seen that Sebastian have done a lot last weeks, perhabs it may help
> me,
> if he may be able to contribute a list of current used css-styles, css-ids
> and css-classes. So I can remove all old things.
> (Many thanks ;)

there is a ./test/theme.php in CVS ... but i didn't finished it till now
... missing some elements ... and a way undocumented

> Perhabs it may be good too, if some css could be set via javascript
> (especially if
> any browser doesn't support one needed css-command).

something like style.js in the per theme directory?

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de
www.sf.net/projects/phpdatetime | www.sf.net/projects/phptimesheet