[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.7.1 roadmap

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Jan 24 01:00:00 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:30:16 -0500
Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:

> HEAD would contain the new features + obviously all the bug fixes.
>
> RELEASE_2_8_0 would contain ... 2.8.0, what a surprise!
>
> Instead of having QA_2_8_0, we could name this branch QA_2_8. Into this
> one, we merge all the fixes that apply to the 2.8 series. When we feel
> it's ready, we release 2.8.1-rc1 from it (or directly 2.8.1 ?)

There still should stay rc because that branch will not be that much
tested by developers (most of work will be done on HEAD).

> My only question is: what happens if we need to release something
> quickly? I guess we could start from QA_2_8 but then it would contain
> all the accumulated fixes for this branch. This is a case where a
> 2.8.0-pl1 (a quick patch applied to RELEASE_2_8_0) would be handy.

You're right, we can keep this way. However I'd call such release
2.8.0.1 as this makes version comparing much easier (and sometimes
version is not allowed to contain dash).

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com