[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: 2.7.1 roadmap

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Jan 24 04:53:01 CET 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:15:12 -0500
>> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> I think Sebastian's idea is to say that release 2.8.1 does not have
>>> more features than 2.8.0, only bugfixes. Critical bugfixes can still
>>> be named with -plX.
>>
>> Okay, this sounds reasonable for me. But maybe then we could abandon
>> those -plX as it just complicates versioning scheme.
>>

> So it's time to clarify the branch names.
>
> HEAD would contain the new features + obviously all the bug fixes.
>
> RELEASE_2_8_0 would contain ... 2.8.0, what a surprise!

HEAD

 - branch 2_8

  - branch 2_8_0  // * 2006-01-23 *

     release 2_8_0_0 // RC1
     release 2_8_0_1 // RC2
     release 2_8_0_2 // FINAL
     release 2_8_0_3 // very quick release (security fix, pl1)

  - branch 2_8_1 normal fix reales

     release 2_8_1_0 // RC1 ??
     release 2_8_1_1 // FINAL
     release 2_8_1_2 // very quick release (security fix, pl1)

  - ...

 - branch 2_9 // * 2006-03-?? *

  - ...

just like this one:

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roadmap/archives/2005_12.html

to keep it small, we have always only two branches open

--
sebastian