[Phpmyadmin-devel] fixed font sizes

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Jul 7 15:26:15 CEST 2006

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Marc Delisle schrieb:
>> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :

>>> yes, i think this too ... but the users don't ... i have no problem
>>> dropping this ... btw. after fixing this quirks mode and scrollbar bug i
>>> would like to implement a new selectbox on the mainpage, where the user
>>> can select font size in % - than it is clear that the base font size in
>>> all themes should be removed.
>> Selecting font size in % does not seem very intuitive to offer to the
>> majority of users. I don't remember where but sometimes I see icons
>> looking like
>>
>> A+  A-
>
> why not a selection?
>
> how about:
>
> Font-size: [100% \/] A+ A  A-

Ok let's try it.

>> The A meaning "text size", so users can increase or decrease it with one
>> click.  We could even store this in their cookies :)
>
> yes of course, like lang und charset
>

>> ----------------------------------
>>
>> About the font size and this code:
>>
>> select, input, textarea {
>>      font-size:          0.7em;
>> }
>
> this is one of the things that will be obsolete if the IE uses standard
> compliance mode to render our page - one of the reasons why i work on
> the scrollbar bug and the current fix on phpMyAdmin, at the moment the
> scrollbar bug is fixed by forcing IE into quirks mode, what makes all
> this trouble with CSS, the above is just one of this

I agree with removing quirk mode, but...

this one is not a IE-only problem, it happens in all browsers.
Like Juergen says in the thread, even if we do not put a fixed-font size
of 8 into a theme, an admin could do it. Then, Juergen finds that
multiplying this by .7 gives a too small font.

Marc