[Phpmyadmin-devel] fixed font sizes

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Fri Jul 7 15:09:41 CEST 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
>> Marc Delisle schrieb:

>>> Well, I think that not forcing a font size and telling users that they
>>> have control over the font size from their browser, should be
>>> appropriate for original, darkblue_orange and all the custom themes...
>>
>> yes, i think this too ... but the users don't ... i have no problem
>> dropping this ... btw. after fixing this quirks mode and scrollbar bug i
>> would like to implement a new selectbox on the mainpage, where the user
>> can select font size in % - than it is clear that the base font size in
>> all themes should be removed.
>
> Selecting font size in % does not seem very intuitive to offer to the
> majority of users. I don't remember where but sometimes I see icons
> looking like
>
> A+  A-

why not a selection?

how about:

Font-size: [100% \/] A+ A  A-

> The A meaning "text size", so users can increase or decrease it with one
> click.  We could even store this in their cookies :)

yes of course, like lang und charset

> ----------------------------------
>
> About the font size and this code:
>
> select, input, textarea {
>      font-size:          0.7em;
> }

this is one of the things that will be obsolete if the IE uses standard
compliance mode to render our page - one of the reasons why i work on
the scrollbar bug and the current fix on phpMyAdmin, at the moment the
scrollbar bug is fixed by forcing IE into quirks mode, what makes all
this trouble with CSS, the above is just one of this

--
Sebastian