[Phpmyadmin-devel] Future of phpMyAdmin

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu May 25 14:27:03 CEST 2006

Hi

On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:55:58 -0400
Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:

> I continue to be motivated to work on the project, but at my pace. I was
> gone for 3 weeks, this explains my slowdown.

It was nothing against you. Everybody needs to take holidays ;-).

> Silence in the lists and
> CVS is not necessarily bad, because there are some bug reports that
> result in no action after testing (but it takes time to analyse).

Yes I know...

> The development speed is reduced with more and more dormant developers
> on the team, and I can't force anyone to work :)

Of course we can not.

> I get about 2 offers per month from new developers but when I redirect
> them to our FAQ (which says to first submit some code) no one seems
> interested.

What the hell did they want to do then? :-)

> About new features, maybe sponsoring developers for specific additions
> would help, with the limited donations we receive.

How much we could afford spend without limiting money for conferences
and other representation? Feel free to reply to private team list if
you feel it should be private.