[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAX UI Project

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Fri Nov 24 10:55:45 CET 2006

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 04:31:51 -0500
>> Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> About adding AJAX, I hope to see small patches that are easier to merge,
>>> and also possibly a configuration directive to enable/disable AJAX
>>> features in phpMyAdmin.
>> I don't see need to disable AJAX as long as everything is working with
>> disabled javascript...
>
> I read that AJAX generates more trips to the server (even if it looks
> like the page is refreshed less often), so what if someone does not want
> that?

yes, but one positive thing about ajax (right used) is it saves
bandwidth, as it only transmit data required/changed - this of course is
not only an advantage for the client but for the server too

but it tends toward if having ajax on the hands to add much more
functionality than you would have without ajax - this will possible
increase traffic

but this not caused by ajax, but by the more functionality

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de