[Phpmyadmin-devel] changelog strcutre

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Feb 19 16:00:17 CET 2007

Hi

sorry for not commenting so long, I delayed it for later, when I will
have more time and then I forgot :-).

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:29:56 +0100
Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:

> how about changing our changelog structure?
>
> are you all happy with current structure?

> some suggestion:
>
>   - date only once per day

Why to include date at all? I thing only thing which is really
interesting to changelog reader is version information. Details are
always available in subversion.

>   - prefix type if change: bugfix, change, new

There is always question what is change and what is new...

>   - add module info, f.e. sqlparser, config, themes, import, ...

Ok for me.

> 2006-07-13
>    User - USer

Why is here name twice?

>      - BUGFIX: #123456 - bug report title
>      - BUGFIX: some notices

repeating BUGFIX on each line looks a bit overhead for me. How about
only sign which will determine type of record?

1.2.3

 - bug #123465 [themes] - fixed something (User Name <user at nowhere.org>)
 + RFE #654321 [gui] - added support for blah and make it look
   better (Another User <user at somewhere.org>)

BTW: When at this: try to commit to subversion with same message as you
write in changelog.