[Phpmyadmin-devel] changelog strcutre

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Thu Feb 22 14:32:40 CET 2007

Michal Čihař schrieb:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:29:56 +0100
> Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de> wrote:
>
>> how about changing our changelog structure?
>>
>> are you all happy with current structure?
>

>> some suggestion:
>>
>>   - date only once per day
>
> Why to include date at all? I thing only thing which is really
> interesting to changelog reader is version information. Details are
> always available in subversion.

so use CHANGELOG only as 'End-User-Changelog'?

so something like:

2007-02-09 Michal Čihař  <michal at cihar.com>
     * lang/czech: Fix syntax error (sorry for that).

will not appear there ... ?

in this case cause it was introduced and fixed between releases

>> 2006-07-13
>>    User - USer
>
> Why is here name twice?

       Sebastian Mendel - cybot_tm

>>      - BUGFIX: #123456 - bug report title
>>      - BUGFIX: some notices
>
> repeating BUGFIX on each line looks a bit overhead for me. How about
> only sign which will determine type of record?

onyl sign would be fine for me - but for the end-user?

> 1.2.3
>
>  - bug #123465 [themes] - fixed something (User Name <user at nowhere.org>)
>  + RFE #654321 [gui] - added support for blah and make it look
>    better (Another User <user at somewhere.org>)

in brackets the user who commited?

if we have a detailed changelog (generated by subversion) there is no need
for names, too

2.11-dev
======================

  - bug #1616486 [dblist] server_databases does not show all databases
  - [sqp] updated MySQL function and column names, reserved and forbidden
    words
  - bug #1657045 [sqp] Spatial functions not supported
  - bug #1657037 [sqp] Missing column type "geometry"
  + [lang] spanish update, thanks to Daniel Hinostroza
  . [general] get rid of $propicon
  + [config] new $cfg['LeftLogoLinkWindow'] to decide
    in which window the logo-linked page will appear

+ = new
- = bugfixc
. = internal change (not really interesting for end user)

--
Sebastian Mendel

www.sebastianmendel.de