[Phpmyadmin-devel] My status

Sebastian Mendel lists at sebastianmendel.de
Tue Jul 17 09:53:19 CEST 2007

Michal Čihař schrieb:
> Hi all
>
> you all remaining active on this list have seen that my activity in
> phpMyAdmin goes down in past months to almost zero. I simply hardly
> find time to write something in PHP these days and I do not expect any
> change in this in near future. Simply do not expect any code from me.
>
> However this does not mean that I've lost interest in phpMyAdmin at
> all. I'm still going to run and maintain services on my server (demo
> and wiki) and I will update Czech translation.

so i think i should write something about my status ... ;-)

i have taken lead of PEAR::SQL_Parser and try to implement all features
currently in phpMyAdmins sql parser,

i hope this will help getting more feedback on sql parser, involving more
developers, having used sql parser more by 'skilled developers' not just end
users resulting in better development and feedback

in the long term it would be nice if we could move more code into separate
libraries or make use of them

many of the libraries at PEAR are already at a LGPL compatible license or
using LGPL itself or move to them

there are much more libraries we could use (now, since they moved to LGPL
compatible license), giving our customers an even more mature software

--
Sebastian