[Phpmyadmin-devel] Query Builder Ajax UI

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:08:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

I contact you all a while ago saying that I was going to attempting to
create a query builder power by JavaScript for phpMyAdmin as a university
project.

I have been working away at it and have learned loads, this is the first
time I've used JavaScript for anything serious.

Anyway, I have so far created a prototype that I would like to show you. I
first need to state that due to time constraint with university this
prototype currently ONLY supports Firefox 2 and above (maybe 1.5 but I've
been testing with version 2). It may also work in Safari and opera, I don't
know.

This is by no means a finished product, However, I'd like to show you have I
have so far. You will run into a number of a issues, however any feedback
would be appreciated.

I have been having problems utilizing the functions in phpMyAdmin to use
within my Ajax engine, I believe this is because of headers and cookies
being sent by PHP. Any suggestions how I can get around this?

Right... less talking, more prototype showing...

Please read this section before visiting;

Known Limitations (there are more, I've not got the list next to me, but the
main problems are below);

   - Add remove tables can be buggy when tables are added and removed
   repeatedly
   - View SQL Query and Run SQL query are not yet working. Due to
   problems hooking in with the phpMyAdmin php

System Requirements:

   - FireFox 2+ (maybe 1.5+)
   - A decent screen resolution, 1280 X 1024 recommended. It will work on
   lower but wont look as good. try going to full screen.

And finally the URL is... http://www.dougalmatthews.com/hp/pma/

Depending on the feedback and what you guys think, I am hoping to continue
this project in the summer and fix all the problems and add in cross browser
support. I also hope to reduce the size of the JavaScript by eliminating
some of the library use.

Thanks

Dougal