[Phpmyadmin-devel] Query Builder Ajax UI

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Sun May 6 14:04:26 CEST 2007

Dougal Matthews a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I contact you all a while ago saying that I was going to attempting to
> create a query builder power by JavaScript for phpMyAdmin as a
> university project.
>
> I have been working away at it and have learned loads, this is the first
> time I've used JavaScript for anything serious.
>
> Anyway, I have so far created a prototype that I would like to show you.
> I first need to state that due to time constraint with university this
> prototype currently ONLY supports Firefox 2 and above (maybe 1.5 but
> I've been testing with version 2). It may also work in Safari and opera,
> I don't know.
>
> This is by no means a finished product, However, I'd like to show you
> have I have so far. You will run into a number of a issues, however any
> feedback would be appreciated.
>
> I have been having problems utilizing the functions in phpMyAdmin to use
> within my Ajax engine, I believe this is because of headers and cookies
> being sent by PHP. Any suggestions how I can get around this?
>
> Right... less talking, more prototype showing...
>
> Please read this section before visiting;
>
> Known Limitations (there are more, I've not got the list next to me, but
> the main problems are below);
>
>     * Add remove tables can be buggy when tables are added and removed
>       repeatedly
>     * View SQL Query and Run SQL query are not yet working. Due to
>       problems hooking in with the phpMyAdmin php
>
> System Requirements:
>
>     * FireFox 2+ (maybe 1.5+)
>     * A decent screen resolution, 1280 X 1024 recommended. It will work
>       on lower but wont look as good. try going to full screen.
>

> And finally the URL is... http://www.dougalmatthews.com/hp/pma/
>
> Depending on the feedback and what you guys think, I am hoping to
> continue this project in the summer and fix all the problems and add in
> cross browser support. I also hope to reduce the size of the JavaScript
> by eliminating some of the library use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dougal

Hello Dougal,
I am testing with FF 2.0.0.3 on Win XP.

I click Add/Remove Tables.
I tick table1 and get
	TypeError
	QB::addTable - Error adding table
	Table::Constructor - type error: pId must be a Number
	Undefined(undefined)
	qb::manage - Adding table1

Then I close the Add/remove tables window and cannot do anything else.