[Phpmyadmin-devel] roadmap to 3.0

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jun 11 11:42:56 CEST 2008

Hi

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:26:53 +0200
Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs at debian.org> wrote:

> If the final 3.0 will be released after September we probably won't be able to
> ship it in the next Debian stable. That is not a problem in and of itself,
> however, it means that we need to security support the 2.11 branch for at
> least the period until the next stable release comes out + 1 year. That is
> our responsibility, but I was wondering whether you as upstream authors would
> be willing to provide some kind of security-only support for the 2.11 branch
> for some time period.

It will get not only security fixes but also bugfixes, because it will
be only version still supporting older PHP and MySQL versions. I think
we talked about at least one year support for it.

> It might influence the decision on which version we would include in the next
> stable release.

We have to stay with 2.11, 3.0 will be too late for Lenny if there
won't be major changes in release schedule. I think there is no chance
that phpMyAdmin 3.0 will be ready in mid of July 2008.