[Phpmyadmin-devel] roadmap to 3.0
Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Jun 11 13:15:30 CEST 2008
Thijs Kinkhorst a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
> On Friday 6 June 2008 18:28, Marc Delisle wrote:
>> The current state of 3.0 is quite encouraging. I suggest a round of
>> testing this summer, followed by -alpha early August, -beta in late
>> August, -rc1 in mid-September ... and we'll see depending on the feedback.
> From a distributor's point of view the following.
> If the final 3.0 will be released after September we probably won't be able to
> ship it in the next Debian stable. That is not a problem in and of itself,
> however, it means that we need to security support the 2.11 branch for at
> least the period until the next stable release comes out + 1 year. That is
> our responsibility, but I was wondering whether you as upstream authors would
> be willing to provide some kind of security-only support for the 2.11 branch
> for some time period.
> It might influence the decision on which version we would include in the next
> stable release.
phpMyAdmin 3.0 requires PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5.0 so phpMyAdmin 2.11 will be
security-supported for some time, at least a year like Sebastian said.
More information about the Developers