[Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 5.1.23 and information_schema

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Sun Mar 9 12:55:13 CET 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Mendel <lists at sebastianmendel.de>
To: phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sf.net
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:45:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [Phpmyadmin-devel] MySQL 5.1.23 and information_schema

Marc Delisle schrieb:
> Here are guidelines for improved speed accessing information_schema:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/information-schema-optimization.html

yes, for a long time ... ;-)

but none of the suggested improvements can be used when obtaining whole
database list ...

and we always specify as exact as possible what data we want from the I_S

--
Sebastian

Ok, but here is what MySQL has to say about version 6.0.4
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/news-6-0-4.html
"INFORMATION_SCHEMA implementation changes were made that optimize certain types of queries for INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables so that they execute more quickly."