[Phpmyadmin-devel] Introduction

cand. inf. Alexander M. Turek me at derrabus.de
Sun Apr 5 17:20:20 CEST 2009

Hi there,

Tomas Srnka schrieb:

> I'm Tomas Srnka, 18 years old and living in Slovakia. In next two
> months, I will finish my high school (IBD programme).
>
> I'm applying to Google Summer of Code 2009 for implementation of
> replication into phpMyAdmin. Therefore, I have started studying
> phpMyAdmin code by adding small new features.

Welcome. :-)

> This morning, I finished table, which displays information about master
> status in "Server Status" section (see
> http://toms.linuxos.sk/gsoc09/phpMyAdmin/ for screenshots). I'm sending
> two patches, which bring the feature. Any comments are more than
> welcomed :).
> My plan is to create section with information about both master and
> slave statuses at the beginning.

I've had a look at them and there's one thing I'm wondering about. There
are many MySQL servers out there that do not use replication and
probably never will: Wouldn't such a big block on the top of the server
status page, that just tells me that replication is not used, be a bit
annoying in that case?

Regards,

Alexander M. Turek