[Phpmyadmin-devel] Git anyone?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Aug 21 13:45:33 CEST 2009

Hi all

while merging GSoC branches, I really understood how painful are
branches in SVN. I use Git for most other projects and such thing is
much easier there as well as it adds some other benefits
(eg. possibility to work offline).

As sf.net has gained support for Git recently, this brought me to
obvious question - how about to migrate to it? The migration of data
from SVN is quite easy, so this should not be the issue. But the
question is whether some of you know Git or are willing to learn it.