[Phpmyadmin-devel] Git anyone?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Aug 21 14:04:16 CEST 2009

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> while merging GSoC branches, I really understood how painful are
> branches in SVN. I use Git for most other projects and such thing is
> much easier there as well as it adds some other benefits
> (eg. possibility to work offline).
>
> As sf.net has gained support for Git recently, this brought me to
> obvious question - how about to migrate to it? The migration of data
> from SVN is quite easy, so this should not be the issue. But the
> question is whether some of you know Git or are willing to learn it.

Hi Michal,
I would say that the question is not about "some of you"; we must decide
this, based on the majority of people who are currently submitting SVN
patches. I would not like them to be dissuaded to contribute.

For me, I don't use git and am not sure that we would need its features
very often; also, for the next GSoC we can plan things differently,
looking how to improve work with branches.