[Phpmyadmin-devel] For the Midterm Evaluation - All My Code to Date

Derek Schaefer derek.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 19:44:31 CEST 2009

2009/7/11 Derek Schaefer <derek.schaefer at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Michal Čihař<michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:27:16 -0500
>> Derek Schaefer <derek.schaefer at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>>> Rather, I should say, those critical lines ARE included in true ODS
>>> files (one's created in Open Document Calc), but before now were not
>>> included in the PMA export.
>>
>> Are they required by specification? If they are not mandatory, you can
>> not rely on them being available.
>
> They appear to be omnipresent in at least the last view versions of
> Open Office, but I'll check the specification to ensure there won't be
> any compatibility problems and make changes if necessary.

I read the spec., and while the tag itself IS required, it's value can
be misleading.

Also, I inspected an ODS file exported from Excel 07 and found that
the value could vary wildly, although there are several areas of
non-compliance with Microsoft Office's OpenDocument capabilities at
present.

Thus, I have decided to not rely on this tag for import purposes, but
to continue exporting it. I will be making the changes necessary to
compensate for not knowing the value of the widest column soon.

-Derek