[Phpmyadmin-devel] ideas / concerns / problems [about|with] user settings feature

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Jul 21 22:08:29 CEST 2009

Zeeshan M. a écrit :
> /When you edit a row in phpMyAdmin and you submit, there is logic that
> checks which column has been changed and updates only what is needed.
> /
> Is there any example in pma codebase I can use it for reference?

I suggest you become more familiar with the code base, either by
studying the links in the interface, or by following the code flow thru
a debugger.

> /How many settings do you plan to cover?
> /
> I plan the cover all the settings that are currently under
> consideration.  As you said, we can include more settings after we have
> a test prototype.
>
> I was wondering how settings such as PropertiesIconic are applied.  I
> was able to change it manually, so is it directly read from config file
> each time?

Have a look at the code base to see which script reads config.default.php.

> Also, I was wondering what are your thoughts above moving the link to
> user prefs interface in navigation.php?

I don't believe that this decision is important at this early stage of
the implementation.