[Phpmyadmin-devel] fckeditor support for TEXT fields

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Jun 3 14:43:02 CEST 2009

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 03 Jun 2009 06:35:15 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> any objection about integrating fckeditor[0] to TEXT field in
>> insert/edit modes?
>
> Not unconditionally. I would prefer to have transformation options also
> for editing, so that you can use wysiwig editor for HTML, but not only
> limiting to this.
>
> PS: I more prefer TinyMCE.

I think that transformations require the PMADB mechanism? so more users
would not have access to them by default. Also, I would not be in favor
of having more than one such editor integrated.

Do you have other "transformations" in mind for this case? Note that
currently, with the display options (in browse mode), user has a certain
  latitude for display.

Also, transformations imply some API we have to prepare, with the idea
of attracting developers; so I wonder if we can have an API generic
enough in this case. It probably depends on what other transformations
would be supported.

Marc