[Phpmyadmin-devel] foreign key on external database

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Fri Jun 12 10:31:09 CEST 2009

Isart Montane wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a personal project I need to create foreign keys between different
> databases. I've realised that phpmyadmin only allows foreign keys on
> the same db so I'm thinking on develop this feature.
>
> I know it's not a very good practice to create foreign keys on
> different databases... but I need it anyway...
>
> Any comments or guidelines to do it?
I guess the relation table from the pmadb already has room to store this
info, so it should be mostly a matter of implementing interface details.
I'd be happy to review a patch.

On the subject of guidelines ... please try to follow the coding
guidelines as referred to on http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/improve.php

Regards,

Herman van Rink