[Phpmyadmin-devel] foreign key on external database

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Jun 12 13:04:30 CEST 2009

Isart Montane a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> For a personal project I need to create foreign keys between different
> databases. I've realised that phpmyadmin only allows foreign keys on the
> same db so I'm thinking on develop this feature.
>
> I know it's not a very good practice to create foreign keys on different
> databases... but I need it anyway...
>
> Any comments or guidelines to do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Isart

Hi Isart,
good initiative! Are you thinking of implementing this in Relation View
or the Designer page or both?

On Relation View, we could think of a database drop-down, even if this
can pose a problem with too many databases -- but we already have this
problem at other places where we have such drop-down.