[Phpmyadmin-devel] HELP! Problem using $REQUEST and $POST variables

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Jun 23 09:15:28 CEST 2009

Hi

First I think that phpmyadmin-devel is the right list for this question.

Dne Tue, 23 Jun 2009 02:37:09 +0500
Zahra Naeem <xara.fast at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Hope all of you are doing great and having fun at GSoC.
>
> Hey guys! could anyone help me out with this problem.
>
> Whenever I try to retrieve data from a "form" using  $_REQUEST or $_POST
> variables when I am also including certain files at the top of the page
> using require_once function call, it cannot not find any values in the
> $_REQUEST or $_POST variables.
>
> Whereas, if I first retrieve the same values using the $_REQUEST or $_POST
> variables and then include all the files using require_once function, it
> finds values in $_REQUEST or $_POST variables.
>
> My problem is that I have to include those files before I retrieve data from
> the "form" using these variables.
>
> I have tried to retreive data and save it in simple php variables before
> including the files. But those variable show values before the require_once
> function but do not show any value after the code lines that call the
> function require_once().
>
> This is pretty strange but I hope any one of you would be able to suggest
> some appropriate solution for my problem.

It looks like you do not propagate token over your form, what leads to
removal of all non whitelisted variables from request. Use one of
functions in libraries/url_generating.lib.php to include token and
other common magic in your form.