[Phpmyadmin-devel] slave replication, load data from master

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Tue Jun 30 14:31:52 CEST 2009

Tomas Srnka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been working on my design for managing slave replication and I've
> run into a problem.
>
> To explain, slave replication works in a way, that it loads master log
> (located on master server), where information about transactions are
> stored. Everything is fine, if you are setting up replication on empty
> server. However, once you have some data on master, you have to copy
> them to slave server before slave replication is started. My original
> idea was to use LOAD DATA FROM MASTER, but this feature is no longer
> supported
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data-from-master.html). One
> of my ideas is to create some sort of export/import function for copying
> data from master to slave with phpMyAdmin. Another possibility (for
> large databases/tables) is to ask root (=user) to do it manually (with
> mysqldump+mysql client).
>
> If anyone has any better idea how to solve this problem, please let me know.

Maybe you could use the synchronization tool that Zahra Naeem is working on?
It would be nice to run a 'compare' action and apply the differences
afterwards.

You should also look into locking the specific tables you are working on
to avoid conflicts with concurrent queries.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink
Initfour websolutions