[Phpmyadmin-devel] perm user preferences - admin ui

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Tue May 26 18:55:06 CEST 2009

Zeeshan Mughal a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Currently, I am focusing on designing the UI for the admin panel.
> Please find a very basic version of UI in my blog post.
>
> Of course, different fields will require different types that I did not
> consider in this draft.  But the main purpose of it is to get me
> started, and give me a basic idea of how I will go about constructing it.
>
> I have not really starting digging into code lately.  My approach always
> has been to work on the UI before coding.
>
> Thanks!

Zeeshan,

I am previous post I wrote:
------
About the UI, I see some options:

1. a central panel where a user sets up her preferences (in the same
style than an admin uses phpMyAdmin/setup to maintain config.inc.php)

2. choices made by the user during her use of phpMyAdmin are remembered
automatically

3. the settings that can be remembered are marked with some visual clue
that enables a user to change them.

I tend to prefer #2 but am wondering about its performance impact.
---------

So, have you decided what kind of UI you'll offer for the user preferences?

Marc