[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC - Server Stats

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Apr 2 14:34:50 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:26:16 +0200
Philip Frank <ich at philipfrank.de> napsal(a):

> thanks for your feedback! The only way to write or access rrds is the
> rrdtool executable. You can only get data out by printing it out as
> graphs, thats what I mean by not portable.

There are ways to access RRD at least from Python and PHP.

> From what Marc wrote and reading the past discussions on the list I
> rethough of my project to not require any configurations on the server
> besides running pma. I won't use any server side datastore so rrdtool
> is off the table, anyway.

The problem is not using server datastore - we already optionally use
lot of tables to store our information, but doing some periodic
collection. However I think having such thing as optional module is
okay.

> There are really a lot of values displayed, and I don't have a clue
> what most of them say. Ordering them somehow when allowing the admin
> to pick is a good idea. Some show up in red on my server, I guess
> these could also be more prominent since they possibly indicate a
> problem.
>
> I found this reference guide for the status variables:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-status-variables.html
> Do you know any other good documents that describe what these values
> are all about?

You can look at server status page in phpMyAdmin.