[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 proposal - User Preferences

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Apr 2 18:31:34 CEST 2010

Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
> W dniu 2 kwietnia 2010 17:48 użytkownik Marc Delisle
> <marc at infomarc.info> napisał:
>> Should there be a visual clue on each panel where the panel behavior is
>> influenced by some user pref?
>>

> Wouldn't that clutter the interface? I was rather thinking about
> adding a link to preferences in some visible place, so that after
> upgrade user will see that he can customize phpMyAdmin. Eg. adding a
> that link, along with import / export button as a new column in the
> "Interface" group on the main page.

On many pages there is a small "open a new phpMyAdmin window" at the
bottom. There could be such a small icon next to it, if this panel is
influenced by some user pref. Or this could be at the top. Maybe if
there is a standard user prefs icon, users will notice it.

Otherwise, users will have to be very familiar with the user prefs panel
to understand which panel each setting influences.