[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 proposal - User Preferences

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:47:47 CEST 2010

W dniu 2 kwietnia 2010 18:31 użytkownik Marc Delisle
<marc at infomarc.info> napisał:
> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>> W dniu 2 kwietnia 2010 17:48 użytkownik Marc Delisle
>> <marc at infomarc.info> napisał:
>>> Should there be a visual clue on each panel where the panel behavior is
>>> influenced by some user pref?
>>>

>> Wouldn't that clutter the interface? I was rather thinking about
>> adding a link to preferences in some visible place, so that after
>> upgrade user will see that he can customize phpMyAdmin. Eg. adding a
>> that link, along with import / export button as a new column in the
>> "Interface" group on the main page.
>>

> On many pages there is a small "open a new phpMyAdmin window" at the
> bottom. There could be such a small icon next to it, if this panel is
> influenced by some user pref. Or this could be at the top. Maybe if
> there is a standard user prefs icon, users will notice it.
>
> Otherwise, users will have to be very familiar with the user prefs panel
> to understand which panel each setting influences.

Then, we will have a link at the bottom or an icon in the tab panel.
Clicking on it will show user preferences used on current page, with
links leading to preferences page where clicked setting would be
highlighted.

I think the best way to implement this is to pass all reads from the
$cfg array (or at least all reads for user customizable settings)
through some function, then in the footer all read keys can be easily
accessed.

--
Piotr Przybylski