[Phpmyadmin-devel] The format of the new documentation.

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Apr 6 13:46:23 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:36:00 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> Yes, but this will be difficult to determine. Lots of users are running
> "historical" servers. We can probably remove some entries but remember
> that in old forum posts we referred to FAQ # and people are still
> finding those posts.

Well but each phpMyAdmin package contains documentation matching the
environment. We currently have requirements for PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5,
what is not something you could call historical.

> Also, changing the contents is one thing; changing the format is another.

It definitely is, on the other side when there will be bigger changes
in documentation, it's better to choose more flexible format, which
will allow us for example to provide manual in PDF format.

> I have no experience with Texinfo. Would it adapt easily to our Pootle
> translation server?

Yes, it should work with Po4a as well as our existing HTML
documentation (but I have not tested it so far).