[Phpmyadmin-devel] The format of the new documentation.

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Apr 6 13:58:02 CEST 2010

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:36:00 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> Yes, but this will be difficult to determine. Lots of users are running
>> "historical" servers. We can probably remove some entries but remember
>> that in old forum posts we referred to FAQ # and people are still
>> finding those posts.
>
> Well but each phpMyAdmin package contains documentation matching the
> environment. We currently have requirements for PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5,
> what is not something you could call historical.

I see your point. Looking for example at some FAQ entries

1.1 (PHP 4): delete (but do not reuse the number 1.1?)

1.2 keep

1.3 (PHP 4): delete

1.4 (IIS crash) I don't know but the PHP bug report is old and was
marked "bogus"

1.5 (ISAPI not stable) I don't know, is ISAPI better now?

1.6 (Personal Web Server): this relates to Windows NT 4, delete

1.15 Maybe still relevant for a user who has upgraded MySQL without
running the update program.

etc ...

So some entries would be easy to replace with something like

1.1 (deprecated)

but some need research.