[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 proposal - User Preferences

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 17:42:58 CEST 2010

W dniu 7 kwietnia 2010 17:04 użytkownik Marc Delisle
<marc at infomarc.info> napisał:
> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>> 2010/4/7 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
>>> Hi

>>> I haven't seen such thing before and this makes me thing it is not
>>> useful, but maybe I am wrong :-).
>>>

>> I am just thinking of a way to make "this page can be customized" link
>> useful, to address Marc's concern:
>>> Should there be a visual clue on each panel where the panel behavior is
>>> influenced by some user pref? [...] users will have to be very familiar with the user prefs panel
>>> to understand which panel each setting influences.
>>
>> If such link is to be added, it would have to show up on every page.
>>
> It could simply be one link + icon that tells the user that this page is
> influenced by some user preference, without mentionning which one.

Ok, but if we are already monitoring all preference reads to find out
whether user has customized anything, we can as well add a jQuery
message window with a simple list. Then at least user will get
feedback whether the things he changed actually apply to current page.

One more thing I just thought about - if pmadb is unavailable, we can
use user's DOM storage [1] (IE 8, FF 3.6, Safari 4, Chrome 4, Opera
10.50).

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/Storage

--
Piotr Przybylski