[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 proposal - User Preferences

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Apr 8 11:48:16 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:42:58 +0200
Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> >> If such link is to be added, it would have to show up on every page.
> >>
> > It could simply be one link + icon that tells the user that this page is
> > influenced by some user preference, without mentionning which one.

Sorry but this does not make much sense to me. I guess that even things
like font size or theme will be part of these settings (it does not
make much sense to maintain them separately). So that means that very
page will be influenced by user settings. Adding link preferences to
bottom of the page (next to open new window) might make sense (but I'm
not convinced about this at all). I just think this will pollute user
interface with no big benefit to users.

> One more thing I just thought about - if pmadb is unavailable, we can
> use user's DOM storage [1] (IE 8, FF 3.6, Safari 4, Chrome 4, Opera
> 10.50).

Yes, good idea.