[Phpmyadmin-devel] Import progress bar

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Sat Apr 10 15:21:27 CEST 2010

Hi Marc,

the progress bar is not programmed in flash, it's jQuery ;)
But of course it's updated from Flash with an external call.

The Flash is only used as front-end to select and upload files and is
only used (displayed)
if Flash is installed. If not, the normal file input is used, but
without upload progress.
This is the point why I'm searching for other alternatives too, but
without patching or
installing software in php environment. You must know, not all peoples
own a root
server. And not all ISP give support to do such things ;(

How does the PHP extensions (APC or uploadprogress) work, I've read that PHP
must be patched?

PS: I've a root server.

Michael