[Phpmyadmin-devel] 1295022 - Privileges for non superuser

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Apr 14 17:07:48 CEST 2010

Aaron Maturen a écrit :
> I do.
> Is it possible? The grant tab seems to be based off a list from mysql.user Which is the check that is being prevented with "PMA_DBI_try_query('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mysql.user', $GLOBALS['userlink'], PMA_DBI_QUERY_STORE)" to set the superuser
>
> -Aaron T. Maturen

 From the MySQL doc:

"SHOW GRANTS  requires the SELECT privilege for the mysql database."

So you need this kind of privileges to be able to list privileges for
other users, unless there is some other way that I'm not aware of.

In the RFC, the person mentions that the account he's trying to use is
allowed to do GRANT to create users, so maybe he also has SELECT on the
"mysql" database?