[Phpmyadmin-devel] 1295022 - Privileges for non superuser

Aaron Maturen atmature at svsu.edu
Wed Apr 14 17:43:16 CEST 2010

>In the RFC, the person mentions that the account he's trying to use is
>allowed to do GRANT to create users, so maybe he also has SELECT on the
>"mysql" database?

But because the value of $is_superuser is based off a SELECT on mysql.user
he would have the tab for privileges

The person states
>>The problem that I have is that in Phpmyadmin, there is
>>no easy way to modify the privileges that have been
>>assigned etc. The entire privileges link is not shown
>>even though the owner is able to modify database
>>privileges.

It seems like he is trying to modify the privileges of an existing user.
But, with mySQL the only way to get a list of users and to show grants
(except for the user logged in) is to have SELECT on mysql.user which is
what $is_superuser checks for.