[Phpmyadmin-devel] Include pslib extension

Adnan hiddenpearls at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 09:06:10 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> [...]
> >      >      >
> >      >      >     Adnan a écrit :
> >      >      >      > hi folks,
> >      >      >      >
> >      >      >      > I am in a need of using pslib extension for EPS
> Schema
> >      >     Export. I
> >      >      >     got the
> >      >      >      > extension from http://pecl.php.net/package/ps
> >      >      >      > but I don't know how I will use it in my local wamp
> ?
> >      >     Also, will
> >      >      >     that be
> >      >      >      > ok to use this lib for EPS Schema Export ? I am
> >     asking because
> >      >      >     Users of
> >      >      >      > this EPS Export will need to download/host this
> >     extension ..
> >      >      >
> >      >      >     Adnan,
> >      >      >     maybe this can help:
> >      >      >     http://ca2.php.net/manual/en/install.pecl.windows.php
> >      >      >
> >      >      >
> >      >      > I have already explore this link but I am confused or not
> >     understand
> >      >      > that there is no DLL for pslib and I have to build it from
> >     source ?
> >      >
> >      >     If you are looking for ready-made binaries, you may be out of
> >     luck for
> >      >     your Windows platform. On http://windows.php.net/download/
> >     they say
> >      >
> >      >     "PECL For Windows
> >      >
> >      >     PECL extensions for Windows is being worked on. The interface
> >     on the
> >      >     pecl website will most likely be updated to offer Windows DLL
> >     download
> >      >     right from that website.
> >      >     In the meantime, some extensions can be found here. "
> >      >
> >      > I am running Windows 7
> >      > I got pslib.dll from here http://dllcentral.com/pslib.dll/  and I
> put
> >      > the dll in ext folder and don't know what to do further.
> >      >
> >      >

> >     Add
> >     extension=pslib.dll
> >     in your php.ini and restart Apache. There is an example of this in
> >     comments of php.ini.
> >
> >     I believe you already have the "extension_dir" line in your php.ini
> >     pointing to your ext folder.
> >

> > Yes, I added it successfully but I think this is not the right DLL
> > because my code still stays *Call to undefined function ps_new()  *and
> > also when i see phpinfo() it doesn't display it in loaded extensions. Is
> > there way to check that DLL is correct ? or you can try that DLL ?
>
> I don't develop in a Windows environment. This is surely not the library
> you are looking for. On the PECL support page they mention mailing

I checked in pecl-5.2.6-win32.zip (see
> http://ca.php.net/get/pecl-5.2.6-Win32.zip/from/a/mirror) but there is
> no php_ps.dll inside).

Yes, I also downloaded but no required DLL there :(
if I use this library for EPS export schema then it will not be use able for
windows based hosting , right ?

> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

Muhammad Adnan
Twitter: @hiddenpearls
I blog too do u know ? http:// www.imblog.info
Failure takes you higher than success ..!