[Phpmyadmin-devel] Continue support for IE6?

Lori Lee leelorik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:14:29 CEST 2010

I encountered a bug in IE6 where the z-index of <select> elements is always
higher than of other elements, regardless of their z-index, i.e. <select>
elements always appear on top of everything else. This is a problem for PMA
because the tooltip feature becomes blocked and you can't read the text
inside:

http://lorilee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ie_edit-e1280869355294.png
http://lorilee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ie_export-e1280869331806.png

<http://lorilee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ie_export-e1280869331806.png>The
fix for this is to position an iframe directly on top of every single
<select> element to just cover it, though it's really just an hack.

I'm wondering if it's even necessary to continue supporting IE6. (Google
stopped supporting it for YouTube...)

--
Thanks,
Lori