[Phpmyadmin-devel] JSDoc-Toolkit and jQuery

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:08:15 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

On 13/08/2010, Michael Keck <sfnet at michaelkeck.de> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I think, jQuery must not be documented. But your own functions wich uses
> jQuery.
I guess I was not clear enough in my mail.  Documenting jQuery
(jquery.js and jquery-ui.js) was not what I meant.  I was trying to
get JSDoc to pick up comments from javascript files like sql.js, which
contain very few named functions, and mostly anonymous functions that
are attached as handlers for various events (click/ready/submit).  I'm
experimenting with a combination of @name, @function and some other
tags to see if I can get them in the documentation, will get back to
the list with results when I have them. :)

> You can use (like phpDocumentor too) link tags to the original jQuery
> documentation.
If I've understood the JSDoc documentation correctly, this would have
to be done with the @see tag, as the @link tag is meant only to link
to a documented symbol and jQuery's methods are not part of the
documentation that we would generate.

--
Ninad S. Pundalik