[Phpmyadmin-devel] Security support for 2.11

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Wed Aug 18 17:13:09 CEST 2010

 Hi,
my personal opinion:

I'm still using version 2.11 in production system, cause I've
written some plugins  (which still are not ported to newer version).

Many IPS and many server management tools, like Plesk, still using
the version 2.11, cause many ISP are using PHP4 *and *PHP5 on their
default installations.

Yes we should stop near future the support for older versions. But I think,
perhaps January or February 2011 would be to soon. I think deadline
for this at 31.12.2011 would be good, and all users, admins and developers
have enough time, to integrate and/or migrate to newer version.

Of course, we should make this public soon as possible:
Version 2.11 support ends at ... 2011. Please upgrade soon as possible.
I'm not sure, if we can publish such like info on the download list on
SF.net. I mean, if somebody select an older version, that a alert-box is
shown?

Regards
Michael