[Phpmyadmin-devel] Security support for 2.11

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Aug 20 15:42:34 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:23:23 +0200
Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> napsal(a):

> we're supporting 2.11 branch already for quite some time and it's
> probably time to drop this support in near future.
>
> There still might be people stuck with PHP < 5.2, however I don't think
> this group is large nowadays and it is not worth supporting this old
> codebase.
>
> Thereby I propose to stop providing security support for 2.11 branch in
> near future. Two dates came to my mind: 1st January 2010 or 5th
> February 2010 (2 years from goPHP5 initiative).

Okay, given the feedback, I'd got for end of 2011. At least this is
what the official announcement should say.

It might be actually longer because as Thijs mentioned, Debian will
need to support it a bit longer. As I'm both phpMyAdmin developer
and Debian package maintainer, it is probably easier for me to do the
work first in the git for 2.11 branch and then push it to Debian.