[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 Charts: merged

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 12:30:00 CEST 2010

2010/8/27 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:19:55 +0200
> Herman van Rink <rink at initfour.nl> napsal(a):
>
>> The gsoc branch of Martynas Mickevičius with the charts implementation
>> has just been merged into master.
>>
>> I've made a few security enhancements to prevent xss, and changed a text
>> to a tooltip.
>> And during the merge I renumbered his faq item from 6.28.to 6.29.
>>
>> So we now have charts in the status page, the profiling fieldset and for
>> query results.
>>
>> Implementation details: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Charts
>
> Are you sure we can distribute tahoma.ttf? From what I see it is a
> Microsoft font and I doubt it comes with license compatible with GPL.

We can't, MS page on Tahoma links to Ascender Corp website when you
can buy it [1]. Wikipedia says there's a free counterpart, Wine
Tahoma, included in Wine. Maybe we can use that? Or, somebody writes
to Ascender and asks whether they would provide a free license for
phpMyAdmin.

Good free font families I know of are Droid and DejaVu [2].

[1] http://www.ascendercorp.com/font/tahoma/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_software_Unicode_typefaces

--
Piotr Przybylski