[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2010 Charts: merged

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Fri Aug 27 14:53:39 CEST 2010

On 27-08-10 11:33, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:19:55 +0200
> Herman van Rink <rink at initfour.nl> napsal(a):
>

>> The gsoc branch of Martynas Mickevičius with the charts implementation
>> has just been merged into master.
>>
>> I've made a few security enhancements to prevent xss, and changed a text
>> to a tooltip.
>> And during the merge I renumbered his faq item from 6.28.to 6.29.
>>
>> So we now have charts in the status page, the profiling fieldset and for
>> query results.
>>
>> Implementation details: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Charts
>>
> Are you sure we can distribute tahoma.ttf? From what I see it is a
> Microsoft font and I doubt it comes with license compatible with GPL.

Good point, I'll look into that.

The ttf file comes bundled with the pChart library which presents itself
as GPL.
I've just contacted the creator of pChart about this...

In the mean time we could put in DejaVuSans as suggested by Piotr. The
libraries/tcpdf/font/ also contains something called dejavusans, but not
as ttf file.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink