[Phpmyadmin-devel] [ phpmyadmin-Bugs-3119882 ] Visual presentation of warning message

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Dec 9 10:23:52 CET 2010

Hi

Dne Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:45:09 +0100
Herman van Rink <rink at initfour.nl> napsal(a):

> On 06-12-10 16:30, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > I don't see that this feature would be slow (or at least I don't
> > notice anything), however it could  be definitely faster if the image
> > was not inline base64 encoded.
>
> The inline encoding was added to avoid having two separate http requests
> that need the same info from the database.
> And for query statistics it seemed undesirable to store the intermediate
> results in the session.

Well, but using base64 you almost double amount of data which need to
be transferred plus you put workload on the browser to parse much
bigger HTML. What is IMHO biggest cause of the slowdown, not the chart
itself.

I'd rather prefer having image external and pass numbers to it as
parameters (to avoid saving data in the session).