[Phpmyadmin-devel] seperate branch for solving elaborate bug?

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 19:54:19 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/12/13 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Looking into the XML export functionality, some known issues (solved
>> for SQL export) apply to XML export too :
>>
>> bug #3136658 : export functions/routines before tables [0]
>> bug #3136655 : export view of view [1]
>> bug #3076692 : events are not exported [2]
>>
>> At this moment these bugs cannot be reproduced because 'export schema
>> structure' is not available as an option when exporting as xml, but
>> before enabling and releasing (patch #3135414 [3] ) this, I think all
>> the mentioned bugs should be solved, because it's not a good idea to
>> introduce known bugs with a stable release.
>
> I'm a bit confused. Since this feature does not exist in 3.3 (and will
> not exist because 3.3 won't get new features), are these bugs really
> related to 3.3.x?

Does it apply to 3.4.x then? As a new feature? But then the same logic
applies, I just want to avoid that, if the fixes are done in QA_3_4
(which does not exist at this moment), not all mentioned bugs are
solved before the next stable release? Or should this be done in
3.5-dev (once QA_3_4 is created and master is equal to 3.5-dev?

I have the feeling I'm making things complicated. :p

Greets,

Dieter

> --
> Marc Delisle