[Phpmyadmin-devel] Ninad's tree and adding a user

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:37:37 CEST 2010

On 4 July 2010 18:03, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
> Ninad,
> using your tree with latest commit 4f1c34 (and I saw this behavior
> previously too), I have two problems.
>
> 1. Let's say I click on "B" in the user overview. Then I add a user
> "b6". I don't see it in the list of "B" users. Clicking on the
> Privileges tab shows all the users, including "b6" because on this
> server there are few users. Then clicking again on "B", user "b6" is not
> visible.
I never thought of such a condition.  I'll go through the code and try
to figure out what is the bug.  This behaviour does not make sense,
especially when 'b6' is visible in 'show all'.

> 2. On another server having about 60 MySQL users, when clicking on any
> letter in the user overview, I see just the short "Loading" message but
> no list of users appears. I checked in Firebug with the Network tracing
> and I see in HTML the correct list of users for this letter, however it
> does not reach the displayed page.
In the js/server_privileges.js script, the Ajax call for paginating
users is on line 265 and the retrieved HTML content is inserted on
line 269.  Could you please put some breaks with Firebug and tell me
where the retrieved HTML is lost?  The data will be shown in the Ajax
request object in the 'watch' tab on Firebug.  I am unable to
replicate this behaviour.  IIRC, your test setup is Firefox 3.6.x with
Windows 7, right?  I'll see if one of my friends has a similar
configuration on which I can try this out.

Ninad S. Pundalik